Wednesday 18 November 2015

Mannequin Renevation

So this is the  mannequin I chose to renovate. This is  a torso mannequin without arms or legs. This one was in desperate need of improvement, as it was looking dull with many obvious chips and dents which needed filling.

As you can see from this image, is an obvious chip near the mannequins neck which is really clear to see. If this was in a shop it wouldn't look good at all. It could show the workers are careless, and can even bring customers to think that if the display is scrappy, their merchandise must be too, which could have a huge impact on sales. 
So to start off with I used some filler, to fill in all of the chips on the mannequin. And after this had dried it was ready so be sanded down to give a smooth finish over the whole mannequin body. 




At this point the mannequin is really dirty, which needed to be rid of before painting, so I gave it a wipe down ensuring it is dust free.
I started off painting the mannequin white, as the current colour is very dark and dull, and I wanted to ensure the pink would show up as bright as possible. 
This is the finished mannequin. Now with the filler and repaint you can no longer see any of the chips or marks originally on the mannequin, making it look much more professional.

 Mannequin Face Make-Up

So the mannequins make-up was a bit outdated and smudged to start off with, so it really needed a bit of touching up. I started off by cleansing the whole face with paint stripper, to get rid of all make up on the face. 

So now the face has a clean and smooth base, good to start a complete new look. 


I created a paint colour the same as the skin of the mannequin head which I would use on the eyelids, so that I have an even better base for the make-up to go onto, ensuring it will go on as well and stongly as possible.
So now the eyes have been done using eye shadow on top of the paint, I tried to use quite pale/natural colours for the eyes as I wanted a strong lip colour.


This is the final face make-up, which looks much better than previously. I feel it is much more up to date and stands out which is good when in a fashion retailer, as it means it is very eye catching. 


No comments:

Post a Comment